Sunday, August 16, 2020

Karma Again

 

 

 

“Derived from the Sanskrit word karman, meaning “act,” the term karma carried no ethical significance in its earliest specialized usage. In ancient texts (1000–700 bce) of the Vedic religion, karma referred simply to ritual and sacrificial action.

The cycle of rebirth is determined by karma, literally "action". In the Buddhist tradition, karma refers to actions driven by intention (cetanā), a deed done deliberately through body, speech or mind, which leads to future consequences. ... Intending, one does kamma by way of body, speech, & intellect.” – Wikipedia and Britannica

I often think about Karma, and moreso these days.  This is the second blog about karma in a short time, but I blog about what I am thinking about.   In a way it worries me.  I am sure I have deserved much karma of positive and negative kinds.  I think I have lived with the concept of making up for things I felt I needed to make up for. 

As well, I wonder why I do not see karma in action, but then, I realize I have seen it.  I have seen those who harmed me, be harmed in their own life, or I have heard of harm that came to them.  I realize I cannot worry about other’s karma and best worry about my own.

In Native American ways, we know of ‘bad medicine’.  It is why I should never have bad thoughts about someone when I am smoking.  Smoke is the carrier of our prayers.  It will also carry our negative thoughts.  We know, as well, that a Medicine Person has to be very guarded in their thoughts and actions. Any of us, in our thoughts and deeds, are sending energy out into the ether. We must guard our thoughts and actions well.  

On a lighter side.  I found some humor collected and written by a anonymous person: 

If you think I am bitchy, wait ‘til the karma hits you! 

  • "Karma is like a rubber band. It can only stretch so far until it comes back and smacks you in the face." - Unknown
  • "If you're a really mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop." - Kurt Cobain
  • You get served what you deserve.
  •  
  • "I believe that the laws of karma do not apply to show business, where good things happen to bad people on a fairly regular basis." - Chuck Lorre
  • "Karma's just sharpening her fingernails and finishing her drink. She says she'll be with you shortly." - Unknown
  • "I'm a very firm believer in karma, and put it this way: I get a lot of good parking spots." - Al Jourgensen
  • "I always thought that Mario was kind of the bad guy, because if you know about the game, there was supposed to be a back story where Mario was teasing the ape, and the ape stole his girlfriend, and this was kind of karma for Mario, you know?" - Rich Moore
  • "Karma never loses an address." - Unknown
  • "That whore, karma, has finally made her way around, and had just bitch-slapped me right across the face." - Jennifer Salaiz
  • "Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve." - Unknown
  • "I must have killed a lot of cows in a past life for karma to hate me this much." - Katie McGarry
  • "It's called karma, and it's pronounced ha-ha-ha-ha." - Unknown
  • "Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma." - Unknown
  • "Mark my words; someday she'll get what's coming to her. Karma's a bigger bitch than she is." - Kathleen Brooks
  • "I hope the bus you threw me under swerves to hit you on the sidewalk." - Unknown
  • "Mess with me? I'll let karma do its job. Mess with my family? I become karma."   -UnknownAuthor

Guard well our thoughts and actions that they not return to us ten fold.  Love and light!

©Carol Desjarlais 8.16.20

 

No comments:

Post a Comment