Sunday, August 5, 2018

My Story





Artist Statement:

My mouth speaks of death and healing
my brush paints healing
colors of cross-breathing
with a manic Muse who sighs
when my human hands struggle
to find hue and tint , tone and texture
of her longing wrapped in bubble of meditation
surrounded in love of divine creation
that whispers     yes    yes
that is comfort and care
of a wounded soul.

My hands seek bits and pieces
of life and startling significance
a ribbon, an image, a glassy-eyed girl
who searches for expression
of life down here that is hard
when you are split in two
by talents that aid one's ache

I could smear paint on my body
you could watch me dance
this difficult side-stepping
of what cracks me open
to find an almost Pandora's box
of what has need of being told

©Carol Desjarlais 6.6.2016

My name is Carol Desjarlais.  I am an artist.  I newly moved to Armstrong and am beginning to find my sense of place and artistic identity here in Canada's fruit basket.  I have always had a creative soul.  I took Art in University, used art in therapies in my work, and finally, retired and can now do art for myself.  I am very much an imagist and creative expressionist.  I love mixed media and symbols and signs of a woman's authentic experience in life down here on earth.


I am a woman who has been empowered and this blog will have both art and empowerment blogging in it. Sometimes one just needs to sort things out, and blogging helps me do it for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment