Monday, September 16, 2024

Body? Check! Mind? Check! Heart? Check! Soul? How Do I Grow My Soul?

 


 

“Each Present moment holds the key to the divine and our awareness of divinity within each of us.” – Rabbi Dr. Benjamin Epstein, PH.D.

Buddha is said to be who said ha kindness and loving meditation was important for growing the soul.  But we see it through many religions and traditional societies.  I believe that kindness and loving actions, when practiced in aa group, becomes a communal spirit that radiates out around the groups.  Practicing being present in loving and compassionate thought/meditation can only help to keep us consciously kind to self and others. 

Taking time to think/meditate about kindness and love does not mean that all other thoughts are to disappear.  It means that we push aside anything that is not kind, merciful, compassionate and keeping open-hearted so that we emanate that openness to people, places and things of this world.

This, right now, is all we have.  Life, in the moment, affords us the opportunity for peace, serenity and grace, that our soul longs for.  We are so aware of our body, our mind, our heart, and we forget to stay a3are of our spirit; it’s longings; its perfection; its working behind the scenes of our every moment. Paying attention to our soul is staying connected to the divinity within.  It is there that the greatest love, compassion and care happens whether we are conscious of it or not.  Being conscious to it, can change our total lives.

I want this.  I strive for this.  I get small moments of that feeling of higher consciousness of soul.  My art takes me to that place since I cannot seem to do actual meditation in structured ways.  My thinking networks, seriously.  I do not have linear thoughts.  My thoughts double, triple and quadruple the moment it has space and time to do so.   As my body and mind ages, and I am less active, there are blocks of time I fill with making art as an expression of my soul.  II seldom draw a blank.  When I feel restless, bored, sad, lethargic, I can always always art.  That is my connection to expressing the deepest parts of my soul.  I am learning to fall in love with myself because I am connecting more to my soul than I ever have.

I wish you this. 

©Carol Desjarlais 9.16.24

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment