Saturday, June 20, 2020

Passing On The Way



Following The Way just happens, in my case. This Sunday, there will be the opening of the Bundle, I am connected too.  There will be ceremony and there will be face painting.  I cannot be there, but I will honor the prayers said at that opening.  This bundle has been passed down generation after generation and goes back as far as memory in the family.  I am connected to The Bear through another bundle and that connection was mind-blowing, to say the least.  The Wolf is my Path; the Bear is my Medicine.  

I painted this painting for my twelve year old granddaughter, to remind her of the story I have told her about the bear and my connection and this is to remind her to walk with the blessing that comes through me.

It is painted on a wood emblem-shape, done in inks.


I, often, pick up something I can re-purpose.  A bit of sanding gets the original quote and painting off.

 I chose to work with my inks, that I love.
 Before I used the ink, I used gesso to prime the wood. then I used turquoise ink with the gesso to do the background base color. 

 I blocked in the spirit bear and drew the girl and her bear in ink.
 I, then used ink to swirl and blot for the background, then mixed the same ink colors from my palette,







. 
©Carol Desjarlais 6.20.20

2 comments:

  1. You have many talents Carol. I love the idea of "passing on the way." to your grand daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do experiment in many ways, for sure. My creative mind is always busy. My granddaughter is so fey. She has ADHD and is brilliant in so many ways. I will write about her in a post one day. She is so interesting, innocent, and has a memory like an elephant. I passed The Way down to my daughter and now that PJ is twelve, I am passing on more and more to her.

    ReplyDelete