Thursday, November 9, 2023

Vagus nerves: Yes, You’ve Got Some

 

 


 

Vagal nerves are the signal highway between heart (heart rate, blood pressure), breathing, digestive system, mood, mucus and salvia production, speech, taste, urine output, immune system, and brain as part of your nervous system.  We cannot consciously control them.  I’d say they are pretty important, wouldn’t you?

When there are problems with your vagus nerves you can have bloating and stomach pain, acid reflux, blood sugar control, gag reflex, dizziness and fainting, voice problems.  My problem started when my oldest daughter died, at 52, of a sudden heart attack.  The pain in my back just under the shoulderblades came and did not stop.  Every day, it starts spasming and will spasm so hard that it actually affects my breathing.  This has been going on since July.  I have taken drugs.  I have tried lying down, which does alleviate it while I am down.  I have tried heat.  I have tried a heat massager and, yes, t helps, but only while I am lying down.  It hurts if I stand too much, or even sit too much.  Someone said it might be from losing so much weight in so little time and that my spine might be trying to realign.  Someone else said it might be held grief.  Both made sense but they did not suggest a cure… until now.  The wonderful wise man from Tiger’s Heart Apothecary said “held trauma”.  He did not know about my grief.  He suggested I do some research.  He had me research how to reset Ventral Vagus nerve.

I did so.  It sounded way too easy.  Twice a day you lie on your back (knees up or legs straight, whatever is most comfortable), weave your fingers together behind your head and cradle your head.  Without turning your head, look as far as you can towards the right and hold it until you yawn or swallow.  Truth.  You do.  Look to the front again and look as far to the left as you can and hold it until you swallow or yawn.  That’s it!  That resets things.  Now, I am a skeptic. 

I cannot explain it but after a few days of trying this twice a day, seems to be alleviating things.  I am all for not having to take meds.  We will see if this works completely.  I will let you know.  In the meantime, do you have some issues you cannot figure out, that might fit for this problem?  Why not give this a try for a while and let us know if it does.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment