Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Seek Us Awe

 


 

I spent a lifetime of doing doing going going and was never satisfied with just What Was.  I always had to be busy.  In fact, being busy kept me healthy.  Now, with years jumping in leaps and bounds, I cannot do, go, like I did when I was young and it is hard to just be.  I feel, sometimes, like my body is betraying me, but what I did was betray my body.  It is paying me back.  Today, there is less of the physical / intellectual sand more of the emotional / spiritual.  Suddenly, I am 76 and I give my head a shake and wonder how I got here.

What I look for now is moments of awe.  I get them through being compassionate, from not staying in the house too many days, from my art, from simply getting out there and meeting people, sand I try to do something, daily, that gives me chance for awe. 

I get moments of awe from seeing kids, grandkids and great grandkids photos shared on line.  One that really piqued my joy and awe was this grad photo taken of my younger granddaughter by my oldest granddaughter. 

I save up moments of awe for days that are not filled with some kind of awe.  This is what keeps me going.

Seek you awe!

©Carol Desjarlais 7.26.23

 

No comments:

Post a Comment