Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Time is Sailing Away At Warp Speed

 


 

I am so aware of time running faster than ever.  I know the elders say we only have so many heartbeats and then we are done.  I think I am ever aware of time running out and I want to fill it with a much as possible.

They say that, when we are young, we are a whirlwind of making new mempories.  There was so much new to experience.  Now, we have experienced so many ‘like’ experiences that , when we store them in memory, they store faster.  I think this is one of the main reasons why time seems to speed up when we are older.

I keep busy and fill up spaces of time with busyness.  I create adventures for myself.  I am lucky to be able to make 10 – 14 hour drives.  I stopped along the way at creeks and rest areas where I went rockhounding for a time.  I am alays learning something new.  Right now I am babying my flowers, polishing rocks with beeswax and cocnut oil, and doing collage in my art journal.  As well, I am resting from my 22 day loving segive to my son and his wife and seven kids, and then, tomorrow, The Bee Man is having surgery that will put him down for a few weeks.  But, I have things planned to do during the down-time from this as well.  It is a busy time for me, this summer and that is great.  I can chase away the worry with busyness.  I can ahce away anger and angst.  I can soothe msyelf with soething that captures myy heart.  Yes, I hae learned how to slow down time by doing things that make me love life.

 



Auditioning:  This is a rather sparce poor page but it has a message.  I was busy auditioning the pieces I found to go with the theme.  When you decide on pieces you want to go with your page, you should spend some time auditioning the uncut/untorn pieces to see if they will go together nicely.  When you feel certain, begin to tear and put on your background.  I know this page needs more, but I have left it for now.  If you notice, I have some straight edges that do not look appealing.  I should have torn that bottom piece as well. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment