Sunday, June 26, 2022

A Summertime Kind of Feeling

 

 


I love late Spring and early summer.  I love everything but the high tempetures and we are into a heat wave for this next week and then a cool down, then back up again.  I just cannot seem to cool down once I get heated up.  But, this page reminds me of a summer ind of moment I willnever experience again.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I pulled into home from my 22 day stay with son and family.  There was a riot of colors and healthy looking flowers and plants awaiting me in my little garden. 

It is difficult to be the second woman in a relationship.  I have said this before.  But, a woman needs somethiing that is all her own.  I set up my sacred space near my screened gazebo.  I started flowers in egg cartons and planted them after they sprout and get three tiny leaves.  They all took, incuding our little garden where I have 8 pink lady squash plants.    I am adding two more trumpet plants.  Each pot has a little ambiance around it.  One big pot has gnomes and a mushroom, another has the mexican gods, another has a little bird, another has and angel beside it.  I have a gaing ball I put on ttop of a pedestal fountain.  I have my gold pans full of interesting rocks.  I use a large turquoise bowl for water for birds and bees that come.  I have a table off to the side of the hosue full of my alrger rocks that I am learning to polish with coconut oil and beeswax.  I can go out there and feel my space surround me in comfort.  Inside the tent I have an eael that my son built me, a big table with tile tops that I put my Mxican blanket over.  I hae a doll vase, and I have my smudge bowl.  It is my space for serenity, for peace, for calm, and I can work for hours even on hot days.  I bought msyelf a personal air conditioner that you put a frozen ice pack in and it can spray or simply blow cool air if I get hot in there.  I have my swing on the patio that I have coverd with a crocheted blanket that my birth mother made.  Hot summer days eill not roast me.  I used light material and a native [rinted sheet to cover the east and south sides of the gazebo to keep the sunlight out.  I lvoe it.  It loves me back.


 

I am doing art and rock polishing out there.  On this art journal pagem I use color to tie it all together.  I started out with a page I had prepped month earlier.  I clean my brushes and spray nozzles onto a blank page in the day planner I am using as an art journal.  I added strips of homemade washi tape. (I showed how to do ht s year or so ago on Youtube.)  

 

I blurred the lines beyond my subject and added her face (from a National Geographic page on south american tribe).  I used the yellow colored flowers around her to tie it all together.

When I was in Cali and rural areas of Columbia, south America, as a member of an international education trip, I had an experince that is fused in my brain as the most beautiful, peacful, loving incident.  I had gone out into the plaintain forest and was saying a Blackfoot Prayer to help me be of use to the group.  The birds (parrots) were singing/croaking softly.  There were huge monarch-typer butterflies.  Suddenly I felt a presence.  There stared back at me dark brown eyes amidst the fronds.  Joseph, a young chief of a tribe of forest people from Peru, was staring back at me and had listened to, and watched, my prayers and offerings.  We never spoke but I put my hand to my heart for him.  It was the most impacting thing of the whole trip.  I wanted to use a woman but it will remind me of the summer in columbia with tribes from sevral different countries attending.  It was a powerful few moments.  This page speaks to me about that summer feeling.

Have you ever had such a spiritual powerful feeling or meeting?

©Carol Desjarlais 6.26.22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment