I was listening to a podcast on generational healing, environmental healing and self-care to heal Self of everyday events. We cannot do anything about our future except heal ourselves to right now.
We have heard, over and over again, of those who feel, right to their guts, that I am not ready, I am not good enough, and we are too empathetic, too compassionate, and life and the world is so hard. We speak about being ‘woke’ or being an empath. We gulp in the energy of others until we have physical, intellectual, emotional and/or spiritual reactions and being overloaded. We make ourselves sick on energy that does not belong to us. We can begin to feel self-doubt, barraged by trash-talk, negativity, woundedness, until we become the victim of the energy we have sucked up from others.
Brené Brown, Ph.D., research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work, says” negative self-talk (shame) relies on you buying into it.” We buy into media that tells us we are not enough. We buy into believing we are not perfect just as we are. Advertising thrives on us not being set in our own reality; physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. Self-healing gurus thrive/ become wealthy on us being assured that we are somehow unworthy, guilty, sick. Health products are worth millions because we are told, if we use their natural (?) products, that we are not well enough. If we stay connected to media, we begin to believe the sop that sells us new age/new ideas of products that will heal us. I know, for a fact, these things are placebos. And we do not change unless we choose to.
Every time you procrastinate, every time you think negative thoughts about self, trace the origins. What was your birth mother’s sense of self? What were your grandmother’s sense of self. You were an embryo in your grandmother’s body, and, then in your mother’s, being carried down to YOU. Perfectly, wonderful, you! How much of their trauma have to picked up, genetically?
One cure is to take a nature walk every morning. Start your day with it. Listen, feel, taste, hear, see the perfect world in nature. You are perfectly you there. When you hear yourself doing negative self talk, stop it!
Find your true purpose. What Are you good at. What brings you peace? What give you a sense of oneness? What gives you joy?
No nitpicking. No buts, and, ors. You are only as broken as you feel. Yes, we have coped (barely, sometimes) with things. Yes, we have functioned (barely, some times). And, in spite of it all…. WE HAVE SURVIVED.
I was dumbstruck by two of the things talked about: One, I do fall into the trap of sucking in others energy. I am always one who seems to intuit and believed I might be an empath because of how I can immediately sense things about others. I am a “fixer” and learned some hard lessons about “fixing”. It took many decades for me to care for myself rather than always caring for someone else because it gave me a false sense of purpose. I am one who immediately falls into compassion, no matter what. I have always looked for the ‘why’ of actions, etc. of other people. I never did that for myself.
I am now, in my eightieth year, taking care of me. I am learned to shut off the negative self-talk. I am giving myself kudos for things I dd right, and making things I did not do right, right. I had already forgiven my birth mother, before I met her. I know my birth mother’s mother did the same to her that mother did with us kids. Huge abandonment issues…generational abandonment issues: rejection issues; hard work to try to find the roots of my sense of fear of abandonment and rejection. It was easy work once I knew to look back at some of my reasoning and follow it back, like breadcrumbs, to where I have ‘picked up’ some of the inherited issues.
In my mornings, I wake up grateful to have been saved for another night and , at night, I tell of my gratitude for having been worth saving for another day.
Next blog post, I am going to go into this more. I will think on these things, and am sure more will come.
©Carol Desjarlais 05.08.26
No comments:
Post a Comment